WHICH MAINE LOBSTER TO CHOOSE
Hard Shell vs New (Soft) Shell: Both are amazing. Hard Shell Lobster tend to be “fully meated”, or have grown into their shell thus providing for more meat. Soft Shell Lobster will be easier to shell…getting to the meat faster. Also, a lot of folks say the meat from a soft shell lobster is sweeter.
- No fishy smell. Lobsters should always smell like fresh ocean water.
- Lobster should be lively. No droopy lobsters. No dead lobsters.
- Handle with care and be gentle.
- Pick up by the body, not the claws or the tail.
- Keep refrigerated. Keep the lobsters cold, do not freeze.
- Keep damp, with damp sea water soaked newspaper. Do not store the lobster in fresh water.
- Buy tracemylobster.com enabled lobsters.