PREP = 15 min | COOK = 25 min | READY IN = 40 min
Makes 4 Servings
· 1/4 cup butter
· 2 teaspoons lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon grated orange zest (substitute lemon and/or lime)
· 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
· 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
· 1/8 teaspoon aromatic bitters
· 4 (6 ounce) lobster tails
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and stir in the lemon juice, orange zest, ginger, chili powder, and bitters. Simmer gently for 2 minutes, then set aside. Cut away the membrane on the underside of the lobster tails, and insert a metal skewer into each one. This will prevent them from curling up as they cook.
3. Cook the lobster tails shell-side up on the preheated grill for 10 minutes, then turn the tails over, and spoon the butter sauce over the meat. Continue cooking until the meat is no longer translucent in the middle, about 10 minutes more.